Stuffed Dates with Goat Cheese
Published on December 10, 2016 | By |0 Comments
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Makes 16
- 16 Medjool dates
- 4 oz. (about ½ cup packed) goat cheese
- 2 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 tsp. orange zest
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tsp. honey, plus more for drizzling
- 16 pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a sharp paring knife, make a slit lengthwise in each date and remove pits. Set dates aside.
- Combine goat cheese, cream cheese, orange zest, cinnamon and 2 tsp. honey in a small bowl, mixing until well blended.
- Stuff each date with about ¾ tsp. of the cheese mixture. Top each with a pecan half (or a few sliced almonds).
- Place stuffed dates in a small baking dish. Bake for 5 minutes to warm.
- Drizzle each date with a few drops of honey prior to serving.