Maple Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 6-8 servings
- Difficulty Level Easy
- 3 large yams, scrubbed (not peeled), and thinly sliced about ¼ inch thick into disks.
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup dark brown sugar
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. dark rum
- ½ tsp. vanila
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Kosher salt to taste (about 2-3 tsp.)
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Prepare two baking sheets, lined with tin foil.
- In a small bowl, combine maple syrup, brown sugar, cinnamon, rum, and vanilla. Whisk to blend. Set aside.
- Place sliced sweet potatoes on the baking sheets and spread evenly in a single layer.
- Drizzle olive oil over the potatoes, then season liberally with salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Drizzle maple mixture over sweet potatoes and toss to coat.
- Spread out evenly again in a single layer and place on racks in the upper third of the oven. Bake for about 20 minutes, tossing and turning about every 6 or 7 minutes. The sweet potatoes are done when they are tender, well glazed and slightly shriveled.
- Remove from oven, transfer to a serving bowl and enjoy!