Add to Calendar
You don’t have to be Alton Brown to appreciate the science that happens when we we step into the kitchen. Understanding our basic elements – Fire, Wind, Earth, Water — can make us better cooks. Join us for this 4-part series as we explore:
- Fire – It’s cool to set things on fire…when we mean to, of course! Learn how to flambé, brulée, blacken and char. (Fire extinguisher on premises!). Warm up your winter with:
- Blackened Cajun Snapper
- Sweet Potato Brulée
- Charred Eggplant Salad
- Bananas Foster
- Wind – air is fleeting unless you trap it. Learn how to give rise and air to your cooking:
- French Mushroom Soufflés
- Grape Harvest Bread
- Asian Steamed Dumplings
- Swiss Jelly Rolls
- Earth – “Salt of the earth,” one of the basic elements that can cure, preserve, pickle and season. This is a class of practical “do-ahead” techniques! Perfect for spring – don’t miss this Pesach-friendly class!
- Make Salmon Tartare from your own homemade Citrus-cured Salmon
- Unmold a Salt-crusted Snapper,
- Enjoy Lemony Pickled Cauliflower, and
- Balsamic-Strawberry Salad.
- Water-water spawns life (…and home renovations). It also enables us to make glorious pasta dishes, creamy polenta and soul-restoring soups. Harness the power of water and learn some great dairy dishes just in time for Shavuot!
You can signup for individual classes or get a discount for attending the entire series!!